Friday 1 April 2016

Contest Entry: Final Fantasy 15 Uncoverd Event Fan Promotional Item Contest




Drawn By: WrittenDusk

This drawing was done back in February to enter the Final Fantasy XV Uncovered Event Fan Promotional Item Contest. I decided not to post it until the Uncovered Event is over. Though I did not win, (T-T), I am very happy with this piece and posting this now is a great way to celebrate the release date announcement of the game; September 30, 2016. The characters in the drawing are Luna and Gentiana.

I was initially planning for a more chibi styled artwork since they have a high affinity with merchandise. But my brother and friend suggested me not to. I personally feel that chibi or something more cartoon-like would be more suitable, but this drawing really turned out nice and I learned a lot more doing this comparatively.

The thing I am learning the most recently, and improves my drawings most, is lighting. This drawing really shows how different lighting can make a drawing look. For a long time I only learn how to shade, but shading is not the same as lighting. I always thought it was the same thing. With shading alone a drawing appears very flat like looking at a printed picture. But when you add lighting, which is usually based on the setting your drawing is set in, it feels a lot more like you're looking through a window. 

I had to start a twitter to enter the contest actually. Still thinking about how to take advantage of twitter properly, haha.

For those interested it is https://twitter.com/WrittenDusk and @WrittenDusk. I have yet to tweet again, haha, just a heads up


No comments:

Post a Comment